Our Bariatrics Team
Our teams are built around your needs. We are specially-trained, accredited in weight loss procedures and care about you as a person. Count on our surgeons, nurses, clinical professionals and educators to be part of your team that is dedicated to helping you through a weight-loss program, surgery, recovery and beyond.
Surgical weight-loss experts
The hope and promise of a more active and healthy future is what brought you here, and it’s what inspired our doctors and surgeons to specialize in bariatrics.
Our comprehensive bariatric program is accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program, a collaborative accreditation by the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. This means our bariatric surgeons provide patients with safe, high-quality care that is measured through a rigorous review process.
Our bariatric team includes:
- Bariatric surgeon – Our surgeons are trained and board-certified in bariatric surgery and procedures. Due to the number of weight-loss surgery options, your surgeon will meet with you to help you decide what bariatric surgery is the best option for you.
- Certified bariatric nurses - Certification provides patients with validation that the nurse caring for them is an expert in their field and has achieved a recognized standard of knowledge and clinical expertise in the specialty of bariatric surgery.
- Exercise specialist – This team member works with you to develop an exercise plan. Remember, exercise will be a vital component in your new, healthier life.
- Nutrition expert – This team member will help you learn how to make healthy food choices, including what to each, when to eat and how to prepare healthy food.
- Patient coordinators – Experienced staff provide support from your initial visit, discuss registration options and navigate payment and insurance decisions.
- Psychologist or psychiatrist – Most insurance companies will require a psychological evaluation to determine your readiness for bariatric surgery. These experts are also available to help you deal with self-image issues that may accompany bariatric surgery.
- Registered nurses – Our nursing staff specializes in bariatric medicine and is key in your support and education, from admission, through surgery and the post-operative process.
Attend a weight loss surgery seminar to meet our team and explore a future with bariatric surgery.