Aromatherapy is the practice of using natural oils in your treatment. These oils come from plants, like flowers, bark, leaves, and roots. These natural ingredients create therapeutic smells, helpful in our body's healing processes. This alternative therapy has proven to help the physical and emotional health for many patients.
We provide aromatherapy to improve the patient experience and assist with several conditions. Our goal is to improve the experience of hospitalization and treatment. We understand both of these can be difficult and stressful for you.
Aromatherapy is safe and gentle. It is a natural part of the air we breathe.
Many common conditions, like anxiety, nausea and pain, benefit from aromatherapy. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Stress relief
- Relief from minor discomforts
- Boost to the immune system, respiratory system and circulatory system
Common Scents Used
We offer a variety of essential oils can be used in aromatherapy to promote your well-being.
- Lavender - Calming. Reduces headaches, aches and pains, promotes sleep, reduces stress, and comforting.
- Peppermint - Refreshing. Decreases indigestion, headaches and nausea. Aids with asthma, cold and flu.
- Bergamot - Relaxing. Reduces anxiety, elevates mood, calming yet uplifting. Aids digestion.
- Lemon - Cleansing. Stimulates the immune system, uplifting and increases circulation.
- Clary Sage - Soothing. Relieves anxiety, depression, asthma and cramps.
- Eucalyptus - Invigorating. Decreases muscle aches, headaches, nerve pain and respiratory ailments. Stimulates the immune system.