Aromatherapy is the practice of using natural oils found in plants, like flowers, bark, leaves, and roots. These natural ingredients create smells that are therapeutic and helpful in our body's healing processes. This alternative medicine has proven to stimulate physical and emotional well-being for many patients.
Across our system, we provide aromatherapy to improve the patient experience and assist with several conditions. Our goal is to improve the experience of hospitalization and treatment which we understand can be difficult and stressful.
Aromatherapy is safe and gentle. It is a natural part of the air we breathe.
Aromatherapy is used for many common conditions such as anxiety, nausea and pain. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Stress relief
- Relief from minor discomforts
- Boost to the immune system, respiratory system and circulatory system
Common Scents Used
We offer a variety of essential oils can be used in aromatherapy to promote your well-being.
- Lavender - Calming. Reduces headaches, aches and pains, promotes sleep, reduces stress, and comforting.
- Peppermint - Refreshing. Decreases indigestion, headaches and nausea. Aids with asthma, cold and flu.
- Bergamot - Relaxing. Reduces anxiety, elevates mood, calming yet uplifting. Aids digestion.
- Lemon - Cleansing. Stimulates the immune system, uplifting and increases circulation.
- Clary Sage - Soothing. Relieves anxiety, depression, asthma and cramps.
- Eucalyptus - Invigorating. Decreases muscle aches, headaches, nerve pain and respiratory ailments. Stimulates the immune system.