Current Standard Charges
As of January 1, 2020, the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services are requiring hospitals to post their “current standard charges.”
Standard charges are the amounts a hospital bills patients and/or insurance companies for the services and procedures performed. However for most patients, hospitals are paid at a level well below standard charges.
Patients covered by commercial insurance companies have negotiated payment rates with hospitals. Patients covered by Medicare or Medicaid programs have payment rates determined by federal and state governments. Patients eligible for financial assistance will also receive lower rates than the standard charges. These payment rates are much lower than standard charges. In non-emergency situations, patients should contact their insurance company to understand the medical costs that they will be responsible to pay.
You can view a list of our current standard charges for each hospital in the SCL Health network:
- Good Samaritan Medical Center, Lafayette, CO
- Holy Rosary Healthcare, Miles City, MT
- Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
- Platte Valley Medical Center, Brighton, CO
- Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
- St. James Healthcare, Butte, MT
- St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
- St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Please contact your insurance company or our Financial Counselors to understand your estimated medical costs.