A Message to the Community
The outbreak of COVID-19, the new coronavirus, has had an impact on all our lives at this point. It is in many ways unprecedented. It may have many feeling vulnerable, isolated with uncertainty about the days ahead.
I want to share that there has been planning and anticipation of events and catastrophes of all types by Holy Rosary and healthcare institutions across the state. Our hospital is woven into the fabric of our community, caring for our most vulnerable and providing compassion and healing through difficult times and circumstances.
As an organization, we understand that this is a fluid and rapidly changing time. Actions will be taken, which may create some imposition including updated visitor restrictions. Our top priority is to ensure we provide a safe environment for our patients, providers, and staff. Holy Rosary has the added benefit of being part of a strong health system, with a depth of expertise offering further support in such events.
In response to a number of questions here are some things that you should know.
Has Holy Rosary changed visitor policies?
- No visitors. Family members or loved ones of individuals experiencing beginning of life or end of life care should call 406-233-2600 to discuss how best to support our patients.
- No community members who do not have a medical need to be in the facility
- No clinical or medical students
What do I do if I am not feeling well?
If you think you have a respiratory illness, please follow this advice:
- If you are sick and have mild symptoms, stay home and self-isolate as much as possible.
- If you are sick enough that you would normally go to the doctor, call ahead to your care provider for instructions.
- To avoid spreading respiratory illnesses, please do not show up at a clinic or hospital without calling 406-233-2600 in advance for instructions.
How can I learn more about COVID-19 across Montana?
We are working closely with our partners at OneHealth and the Montana Department Health and Human Services for up to date information and processes. For more information:
- Visit https://dphhs.mt.gov
- Call 1-888-333-0461
Like you, I am uncertain as to what lies ahead. I am confident, however, that we will work through it. I want you to know how proud I am of the Holy Rosary providers, staff and leaders who are responding to the changing needs of the community with both urgency and compassion.
I want to extend my personal thanks to those who are working on the front lines delivering care.
I would also extend our thanks to those in our community who are doing all they can to help their friends and neighbors. In doing so, you reveal God’s healing love.
Thank you and please stay well.