The urinary system, also known as the renal system, filters and removes waste from the blood in the form of urine.
The urinary system moves urine through and out of the body by way of four main organs and tubes:
- Kidneys – organs that filter waste from the blood and produce urine
- Ureters – tubes that drain urine from the kidneys into the bladder
- Bladder – that organ that stores urine before urination
- Urethra – a tube through which urine passes as it exits the body
Doctors who specialize in the urinary system are called urologists. Urologists also treat reproductive conditions in men.
Conditions we treat
We treat a number of urinary system conditions, as well as conditions of the male reproductive system. These include:
- Bladder and kidney cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Male infertility and erectile dysfunction
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Urination disorders, including urinary tract infections (UTIs)
See all the conditions we treat.
We test for these and many other urological conditions with a variety of diagnostic exams, including laboratory analysis of patient samples, such as urine (urinalysis), blood and semen.
Explore our urology services with these resources: