Pediatric Digestive Care
Stomach pain can disrupt a child’s life, leading to a loss of interest in normal daily activities, from homework to play time. This can, in turn, create stress for the entire family.
Specialized care for children and teens with gastrointestinal conditions.
The pediatric gastroenterology team at SCL Health understands each child and family is unique. Our holistic approach to digestive care considers family dynamics, physical growth stage, social issues, and emotional development, providing the best diagnosis and individualized treatment plan for your child.
Some of the most common pediatric digestive conditions we treat include:
- Celiac disease
- Constipation, diarrhea and loss of bowel control
- Crohn’s disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and heartburn
- Gastroparesis (poor gastric emptying)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including ulcerative colitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Liver and pancreatic cancers
- Necrotizing enterocolitis
- Nausea and stomach pain
Our pediatric gastroenterologists also care for children with conditions that require feeding tubes.