If your child is ill or injured, our emergency room at St. Vincent Healthcare is ready to care for them. You’ll find kid-focused care in a family-friendly environment, featuring equipment just right for the needs of your children.
Emergency care for children of all ages
Our specially trained doctors and nurses understand how to care for babies and children. We’ll make your kids comfortable and put you at ease.
Pediatric emergency and trauma services at St. Vincent include:
- Doctors and a medical team trained in caring for the medical and emotional needs of children
- Pediatric specialists to care for a variety of illnesses and injuries
- Board Certified Pediatric Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
- The region's only pediatric intensive care unit (ICU) staffed 24/7 by Board Certified Pediatric Intensivists
- Nurses with pediatric advanced life support (PALS) or emergency nursing pediatric (ENPC) certifications
- Private treatment rooms designed for evaluating kids in a calming atmosphere
- Medical equipment specifically designed for babies and children
- Support for you and your family from arrival through follow-up care
- The full resources of our hospital if your child needs to be admitted for monitoring or treatment
As a part of Intermountain Healthcare, we partner with Primary Children's Hospital in a number of ways to bring the absolute highest level of care possible in order to keep more kids close to home while receiving world-class care.
For critical emergencies, specially trained transport teams are available to transfer seriously ill or injured babies and children to other facilities 24/7 by ambulance or air.
When to go to the ER
It can be difficult to know when to go to the emergency room, or when to call your child’s regular doctor. If the condition is not life-threatening, call your child’s doctor for guidance. If you’re not sure, or the condition seems serious, call 911 or take your child to the emergency room.