It takes effort to commit to lifestyle changes that lead to healthy, sustainable weight loss. When you’re ready, we’ll help improve your quality of life through weight loss, including:
- Reducing back and joint pain from carrying excess weight
- Lowering your risk for diabetes, heart disease and certain cancers
- Feeling and looking healthier
Our team of bariatric specialists offer non-surgical and surgical options to help you meet your weight loss goals.
Non-surgical weight management
We can customize a safe and effective weight-loss program that includes a combination of exercise, medication, nutrition and education. With us, you get support with:
- Lifestyle changes and behavior modification
- Medication for weight loss, prescribed if your BMI is 30 or higher
- Targeted dietary counseling
Learn more about our non-surgical weight loss programs.
If exercise and diet aren’t enough for sustained weight loss, you may be eligible for bariatric surgery.
Bariatric surgery involves techniques that reduce the size of the stomach as well as altering how food moves through the digestive tract. This means that you eat less and absorb fewer calories, resulting in weight loss.
Learn more about bariatric surgery.
Types of bariatric surgery offered
There are several types of bariatric surgery designed to support specific weight loss needs. You will need to call your local hospital to learn which of the below options are available in your area. Some options could include:
- Loop Duodenal Switch – Restricts food intake by removing a portion of the stomach so you feel full quickly, and reduces the amount of calories and nutrients the body absorbs by rerouting a portion of the small intestine.
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass – Restricts food intake and decreases how food is absorbed by creating a small stomach pouch and bypassing the flow of food around the rest of the stomach to the small intestine.
- Sleeve gastrectomy – Decreases stomach size and movement to restrict food intake. This procedure also is called gastric sleeve, vertical gastrectomy or gastric reduction.
Not all locations have every class, event or support group offering. For a full list of classes and events, including dates and any costs, please use our Classes Calendar to search for a weight loss or bariatric class or event at a hospital near you.