Being at your best starts with feeling your best. From routine pap smears and mammograms to specialized care and treatments, our team offers the personal touch and convenience you deserve.
Our doctors and nurses take the time to listen to your concerns and make sure you’re confident and informed about your options moving forward. Our team of specialists provides comprehensive, personalized care for women at every age and stage in life.
Care for your 20s, 30s and 40s
Regular preventive healthcare appointments and health screenings continue in importance, but you may run into health situations in which you’ll also need a specialist.
- Genetic counseling – We offer genetic counseling and testing for common signs of hereditary cancers. Because our genetic counseling program requires a doctor’s referral, please contact our office at 303-318-3478 for help in obtaining the referral or for additional information. Learn more about genetic counseling.
- Gynecology – Our gynecology practices offer a full range of women’s health services. Whether you come to us for an annual exam, pre-conception counseling or colposcopy, our goal is to help you maintain a lifetime of well-being. Find a clinic now.
- Pregnancy and baby – When you’re ready to start a family, our team of experts is here with support – from planning your pregnancy through taking your baby home. We were the first hospital in Denver to be named Baby-Friendly, meaning we provide the best possible environment for breastfeeding. Learn more about pregnancy and childbirth.
- Sports medicine – You have access to advanced treatments and therapies delivered by a specialized doctors, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, exercise physiologists and others. We start with conservative care, such as custom bracing and orthotics, physical therapy and medication before progressing to other treatments or surgery. Learn more about our orthopedic care.
Care after your 40s
There are a number of medical conditions that are more common in women over the age of 50. Health concerns that increase with age include abnormal blood sugar levels, cancer, chronic pain, heart disease, menopause and osteoporosis. Make sure you stay in control of your health by talking to your health care provider about any concerns you have.
- Bone health – Whether you need osteoporosis screenings and care, rehabilitation after an injury or joint surgery, we combine leading medical technology with some of the most skilled orthopedic specialists in the Rocky Mountain region. Learn more about bone health.
- Breast health – Our Saint Joseph Hospital Breast Care Center is dedicated to detecting breast diseases at their earliest, more treatable stages. We offer state-of-the-art technologies and dedicated professionals who are experts in their fields. Learn more about breast health.
- Digestive health – It is important to understand how the gastrointestinal (GI) tract works and to know that women have symptoms and issues with the GI track that are different from men. In fact, there are symptoms that may be associated with possible worsening of GI problems. These differences may present with unique symptoms in women for shared diseases or even unique diagnoses for women. Learn about treatments for digestive disorders.
- Gynecologic surgery – Many of the conditions that affect your gynecologic, reproductive and sexual health can be detected early through proper screenings and tests. When necessary, we offer minimally invasive surgery for conditions affecting the female reproductive or urinary systems:
- Heart health – We offer a wide range of cardiovascular services to detect and treat heart conditions. Our heart and vascular specialists are among the most experienced in the entire Rocky Mountain region. Learn more about heart health.
Is it time for a mammogram?
Take charge of your breast health through proper screenings and early detection. A mammogram can detect a lump in your breast months — and even years — before you can feel it. We offer the most advanced screening technologies available for the early detection of breast cancer: digital tomosynthesis (also known as 3-D mammography). Learn more about mammography at SCL Health.
Stay informed about women’s health
From commercials to social media, confusing messages are everywhere when it comes to women’s health. Let us help you keep it all straight. Visit our women’s health blog, Just Add Life, and sign up to receive our monthly women’s newsletter.