Saint Joseph Hospital Graduate Medical Education Residency uses ONLY the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) for each year's application process and match. This service necessitates electronic applications only. Please contact ERAS for more information on the application process.
Residency Application Information
The General Surgery Residency Program application deadline is December 10, applications must be complete by this date.
We offer four categorical positions and eight preliminary positions. It is the same application process for both.
- All positions are filled through the NRMP
- Minimum USMLE score is 230 (Step 1 must be passed on first attempt)
- IMGs must have 12 months of clinical experience in US hospitals (not observerships or research)
- IMGs must hold valid ECFMG certificate, prior to NRMP deadline for submission of rank list
- As a general rule, we sponsor no visas
The following information is required for your application to be accepted for review:
- Personal statement
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation; one of these must be from the Chair of Surgery
- USMLE transcript
- Valid ECFMG certification (if required)
Contact Laurie Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.