All applications are accepted only through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) hosted by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). ERAS may be accessed via the dean's office of your U.S. medical school.
For international medical graduates (IMGs), you may access ERAS via Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- We will have nine (9) PGY-1 openings for the July 2019 program year
- The deadline for applications is December 1
- All required exams must have a PASSING score on first try, but no minimum score is required for application
- We require three letters of recommendation, one from a family medicine physician
- Applications are accepted only through ERAS
- If you have postgraduate training, a letter of recommendation and/or evaluation from the program director is also required
- NRMP regulations do not permit pre-match
We will send invitations for interviews after receiving a completed ERAS application.
- Interviews are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis
- Interview months: October, November, December, and January
- Interview days: Thursdays and Fridays
- We schedule dinners on Thursday evenings, which is a great time to meet the faculty, staff, and current residents in an informal setting. If your schedule permits, we hope that you will be able to join us for dinner during your interview visit.
- We understand that many applicants are traveling to Denver from great distances and are coordinating interviews with other programs in the area. We will do everything possible to accommodate your needs.
Further Information for IMGs
- We accept IMGs into our program and the institution will sponsor a limited number of J-1 visas
- USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3 (if applicable) results must be available by last day in January
- All fees related to visas are the responsibility of the applicant (including the anti-fraud fee)
- At least one year of U.S. hospital clinical experience is preferred (observership does not count)
- ECFMG certification is required before entering into residency
- No more than three (3) years since medical school or residency