Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another. - Erma Bombeck
Volunteers make our hospitals and communities a little brighter for everyone. If you can spare some time to help others, we have a place for you! Our hospitals welcome new volunteers and work to match each person’s talents and interests to the activities best suited to them.
Volunteers at Platte Valley Medical Center
When you volunteer, you play an important role in the lives of our patients and associates.
Hospital volunteer positions
Our volunteer needs vary, but positions may include:
- Working at our concierge desk
- Serving as a patient or family escort
- Providing comfort to families in waiting rooms or visiting patients
- Assisting with pet therapy
- Helping in the ER, surgery department or with other support projects
Benefits of volunteering
Make a difference to others and meet new friends.
- Have fun while giving back to your community.
- Develop new skills and gain valuable healthcare experience, which may help you apply for jobs, scholarships and college programs.
- Gain a better view of therelationship between the patient, healthcare providers and the community.
- Receive a free Bistro meal per four-hour shift on days you work.
- Get free flu vaccines, massage therapy discounts, and invites to special hospital events.
Before you volunteer
Before you can wear your volunteer vest and proudly wear your badge, there are a few steps you’ll need to take, including:
- Send in your completed application.
- Interview with our volunteer services leader
- Commit to six months and a consistent schedule (such as a four-hour shift at least twice a month).
- Agree to a background check and provide proof of vaccinations. A flu shot may also be needed to serve in a clinical area.
Ready to learn more or apply?
If you are at least 15 years old and would like to volunteer, we encourage you to:
- Download the volunteer application (Adult Application or Junior Application)
- Return by mail:
Platte Valley Medical Center - Volunteer Services
1600 Prairie Center Parkway, Brighton, CO 80601
- Return by email: Sheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call 303-498-1580 for more information
Here are the next steps after we receive your application:
- We will call to schedule an interview with you and our Director of Volunteer Services
- Background check
- Volunteer orientation
- Position assignment
- Site-specific training and assessment
If you have any questions, please call our Volunteer Office at 303-498-1580. We look forward to speaking with you and having you on our team.