Being at your best starts with feeling your best. We offer services from routine pap smears and mammograms to specialized care and treatments. Knowing women need special care, our team will give you the personal touch and convenience you deserve.
Health care at every stage of life
Our doctors and nurses take time to listen to your concerns. We want to make sure you’re confident and informed about your care options. Our team of specialists provides comprehensive, personalized care for women at every age and stage in life.
- Primary care –You have the power to prevent or reduce your chances of illness. To help, we offer regular screenings, vaccinations, symptom awareness and healthy lifestyle choices. And while prevention is the goal, early detection is important as well. Diseases such as cancer are often most treatable when found early. Learn more about primary care.
- Wellness and integrative medicine – Using massage, chiropractic or acupuncture services can be useful for your care. These integrative care treatments have known benefits for a variety of health conditions. Holistic therapies can often help to treat or manage conditions and relieve symptoms. Learn more about integrative medicine.
- Sexual health – Sexual health means embracing and enjoying your sexuality throughout your life. It is an important part of physical and emotional health. Talk to your provider today if you have concerns about any sexual health issues. Find a doctor now.
- Behavioral health – When you need help with addiction or a mental health disorder, you can trust us. We are passionate about caring for you. Trust us whether you're experiencing addiction or postpartum depression. Learn more about our behavior health services.
Care for your 20s, 30s and 40s
Regular preventive healthcare appointments and health screenings are important. But you may run into a health situation in which you’ll also need a specialist.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology – Our OB/GYN teams offer a full range of women’s health services. Whether you’ve come to us for an annual exam, pre-conception counseling, pregnancy or colposcopy, our goal is to help you maintain a lifetime of well-being. Find a clinic now.
- Orthopedics and sports medicine – Get access to advanced treatments and therapies delivered by care specialized teams of. Our teams include doctors, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, exercise physiologists and others. We start with conservative care, like custom bracing, orthotics, physical therapy or medication. If these don't have the desired outcomes, we then progress to other treatments or surgery. Learn more about our orthopedic care.
- Women's & Newborn Care – When you’re ready to start a family, we’re here to support and care for you before, during and after your pregnancy. We are proud to offer our new mom's certified lactation consultants. They can help if you are having breastfeeding challenges. Learn more about pregnancy and childbirth.
Care at 50 and beyond
There are many medical conditions that are more common in women over the age of 50. Health concerns you should be aware of include abnormal blood sugar levels, cancer, chronic pain, heart disease, menopause and osteoporosis. Stay in control of your health by talking to a healthcare provider about your concerns.
- Bone health – Osteoporosis or bone loss affect millions of women, especially as they age. As many as one in two women 50 and older will break a bone as a result of osteoporosis. We provide bone density screenings to determine if you are at risk for osteoporosis. These screenings measure the calcium and other minerals in a segment of your bone. These fast, effective and non-invasive tests are the first step. After your screening, we create a treatment plan to curb bone loss and manage your condition.
- Breast health – While breast cancer is the most well-known concern, other conditions also affect breast health. We offer a variety of screenings, like 3-D mammography and ultrasound, to provide you with fast, accurate breast-health results. Read more about mammograms and learn about breast health.
- Digestive health – It’s important to understand how the your gastrointestinal (GI) tract works. Many women may have symptoms and issues with the GI track that are different from men. In fact, there are specific symptoms for which you should watch. These symptoms can hint of possible worsening GI problems. Learn about treatments for digestive disorders.
- Gynecologic surgery – We offer surgery – including minimally invasive procedures – for conditions that affect the female reproductive or urinary system:
- Heart health – While heart disease is the leading cause of death in both men and women, women experience different symptoms.Some of these female-specific symptoms are barely noticeable. We provide comprehensive screenings and treatments for heart and vascular care.
Is it time for a mammogram?
Take charge of your breast health through proper screenings and early detection. A mammogram can detect a lump in your breast months — and even years — before you can feel it.
We offer Women’s Imaging services with the latest digital mammography technology both inside our hospital and through Spectrum Medical Imaging, our outpatient imaging center. Learn more about mammography at Platte Valley Medical Center.