Search now to see if we are currently offering a class or event you want to attend!
The more you know, the easier it is to make important decisions about your healthcare. We’re here to inform and empower you with education, resources and more.
Self-examination for skin cancer
A quick and simple self-examination can alert you to signs of skin cancer and ensure you get treated early.
Conduct a skin self-examination now.
Other signs and symptoms that may indicate skin cancer include a mole or skin mark that:
- Becomes red or swells at its edges or beyond
- Doesn't heal (if a sore)
- Itches or is sore
- Looks different from your other moles or skin marks
- Oozes, bleeds or becomes crusty
Support for patients with skin conditions
The American Academy of Dermatology provides resources to support you with your questions on skin, hair, and nail conditions.
- Video series: Get video tips to manage your skin condition and take care of the largest organ in your body – your skin!
- If you enjoy finding a community online, we encourage you to join the Academy’s social media platforms of Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, or Pinterest.