We’re happy to tell you about us: our compassionate caregivers, our clinical excellence, our award-winning care and even our beautiful facilities and campuses. But when you trust us with your health, it’s really all about you. Our patients and families are the center of our thoughts, communications and actions.
Every interaction is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. When you walk through Platte Valley Medical Center’s front door, you realize something is different. Classical music delights your ears, bright smiles warm your heart, fruited spa water quenches your thirst, and excellent care heals your hurts. Patients are guests and guests become family. Everyone is welcome and everyone is served.
Commitment to patients
We’re dedicated to giving excellent patient care by:
- Focusing on quality, great outcomes and service
- Recruiting, developing and training an engaged workforce
- Offering innovative technologies
- Expanding services and partnering with others to meet community needs
In 1960, the City of Brighton wanted to bring healthcare to our community. They formed auxiliary teams, rallied troops, and went door to door until they raised $500,000 to open Brighton Community Hospital (BCH) in 1960. BCH became the first private general medical-surgical hospital in Adams and Southern Weld Counties and Colorado’s first two-stage hospital-nursing home medical unit licensed under one roof. In 1980, BCH became Platte Valley Medical Center.
Today, we are a secular hospital within the SCL Health System. We joined SCL Health in 2015 to strengthen our position and deliver more advanced care through the expansion of specialties and services. Our work is a reflection of our care and concern for everyone who enters our doors.
We are an advanced hospital serving patients in three cities:
- Brighton – main hospital, chest pain, stroke and trauma center, along with two medical office buildings for doctors’ offices, a sleep lab, wound center, and outpatient imaging center.
- Commerce City (Reunion area) – pediatrics, family medicine, internal medicine, and obstetrics, gynecology and high risk pregnancy care are within the medical plaza next to King Soopers on Chambers Road and 104th Avenue.
- Fort Lupton – a walk-in clinic for urgent visits, occupational and family medical care are located in the medical plaza next to Safeway.
Guided by our mission, vision and values
When you need healthcare, a dose of good humor never hurts. That’s why Good Humor is one of our values.
Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
Committed to person- centered care
We take the extra time to make sure every patient is treated like a member of our family.
From your physical comfort, to your emotional well being and your spiritual needs, we do our best to make sure you have all you need to heal.
Learn more about our 10 pillars of healing.