Each of our surgeons is board certified, some double and triple board certified. Board certified physicians participate in several years of additional medical training in a specific specialty or sub-specialty. Board certification is said to reflect the critical core physician values of compassion, patient-centeredness, and a passion for education. Patients, physicians, healthcare providers, insurers, and quality organizations look for this type of dedication to the medical profession as the best measure of a physician’s knowledge, experience and skills to provide quality healthcare within a given specialty. Maintaining board certification is an ongoing process and one is recertified through a process of testing and peer evaluation.
Our surgeons are also fellowship trained in their area(s) of expertise. After completing residency training following medical school, physicians may participate in fellowship training, which is additional medical training as an attending physician or consultant physician. Upon completion of fellowship training the physician is permitted to practice without direct supervision by other physicians in that sub-specialty.
Our surgical services clinics work closely with all referring providers to deliver care that gets you back to your best self.
- SCL Health Heart & Vascular Institute - Denver Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery
- SCL Health Medical Group - Denver Comprehensive Breast Care
- SCL Health Medical Group - Denver/Lafayette Urogynecology
- SCL Health Medical Group - Denver Surgery
- SCL Health Medical Group - Good Samaritan General & Trauma Surgery
- SCL Health Medical Group - Lutheran Neurosurgery (Wheat Ridge)
- SCL Health Medical Group - Lutheran Weight Loss Center