What is Community Benefit?
Community Benefit are programs, services and activities that:
- Respond to an identified community health need
- Improve health in communities
- Increase access to healthcare
SCL Health is committed to investing in community benefit programs and initiatives that:
- Address the most critical needs of the communities we serve, especially of those who are poor and vulnerable
- Support health equity
- Address social determinants of health – conditions in which people live, learn, work and play – including economic stability, education, social and community environment, food security, housing, and transportation
In 2018, SCL Health contributed $242 million in community benefit and touched over 287,131 lives through a variety of programs and services.
Questions about SCL Health Community Benefit activities?