Or Call Us To Schedule Now
It’s easy for good intentions to go out the window when life gets hectic, but don’t let taking care of yourself be one of them. We offer advanced technology and essential screenings to identify potential health problems and help you live a longer, healthier and happier life.
Screenings for women
During your care appointment, we will offer common care screenings, such as:
- Blood work – This may include age- and risk-appropriate screenings, such as cholesterol, blood sugar, thyroid, kidney and liver tests.
- Bone density testing – These fast and noninvasive screenings can assess your risk for osteoporosis and bone loss.
- Colorectal cancer screening – Women over the age of 50 should be screened for colorectal cancer. Options include a colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and FOBT testing (testing for blood in the stool). Some individuals may be screened earlier based on medical conditions and family history.
- Mammogram – You may start screening for breast cancer at the age of 40 or 50. Tests are recommended at a minimum of every two years.
- Pap smear – This test is performed during a pelvic exam and is an important part of preventing cervical cancer. Screening is usually recommended every three years, beginning at age 21. This interval may change depending on your personal medical history.
- Vaccinations – Whether during your annual preventive visit, or at other times, your doctor may recommend vaccines for seasonal flu, tetanus/pertussis, pneumonia, shingles and others.