to reserve your spot in our orientation class.
Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another. - Erma Bombeck
Volunteers make our hospitals and communities a little brighter for everyone. If you can spare some time to help others, we have a place for you! Our hospitals welcome new volunteers and work to match each person’s talents and interests to the activities best suited to them.
Volunteers at Lutheran Medical Center
Our volunteers have one thing in common: a dedication to service.
As a volunteer, you will be an extension of our healthcare team, sharing your time and talents throughout our facility. You will make a difference in the lives of our patients and family members. You will become the hands, feet and heart of Lutheran Medical Center.
When you join the Lutheran Volunteer Program, you become a part of one of Colorado's largest and most progressive volunteer networks. Lutheran volunteers are 700 strong and range in age from 15 to 92. And every year, volunteers give over 95,000 hours of service to Lutheran Hospital and other SCL Health sites. Plus through fundraising, they donate more than $200,000 annually to support the hospital.
The Volunteer Office is located at Entrance 3 of the Main Hospital Building.
8300 W. 38th Ave.
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Phone Number: 303-425-2142
Benefits of volunteering
Why volunteer? Let us count the ways:
- Make a difference to others, and be blessed yourself.
- Meet generous, friendly like-minded people while serving a collective purpose.
- Give back to your community through service to others.
- Contribute to the SCL Health mission to reveal and foster God’s healing love.
- Develop professional skills and gain valuable healthcare experience that can help you when applying for jobs, scholarships and college programs.
- Gain a better view of the relationship between the patient, healthcare providers and the community.
Before you volunteer
Before you can put on that volunteer vest and proudly wear that volunteer badge, there are a few steps you’ll need to take, including:
- Fill out application online
- Conduct a placement interview by calling 303-425-2142
- Attend a basic orientation training class.This is held monthly and is 2 ½ hours long.
Due to the in-depth nature of the application, training process, and costs involved, we require a minimum of a six-month commitment. Volunteers are encouraged to commit to a regular and consistent volunteer schedule working a three-hour shift per week.
Our volunteer program does not have short term volunteer opportunities available.
Additionally, you must be at least 15 years old.
Ready to learn more or apply?
Please follow these steps as you begin your journey to becoming a volunteer.
- Click on appropriate link at the top of this page to fill in and submit online application form
- Call us at 303-425-2142 to sign up for for an interview.
- Training will be arranged upon acceptance in the program.
Areas where you can volunteer
You can volunteer in many positions and departments at Lutheran Medical Center.
Experience the many volunteer opportunities at Lutheran Medical Center. Our goal is to match up our volunteers with opportunities that suit them best.
The vast majority of the volunteers at Lutheran Medical Center are providing services within the main hospital complex. The service areas available vary widely. There are positions that involve patient contact for those who wish to help in such a manner. We also have positions where volunteers work directly with staff members. For those who have an interest in retail positions, volunteers staff and operate the Hospital Gift Shop.