Although being a physician is rewarding, it’s what you do out of work that balances your life. You can have it all working for SCL Physicians and living in beautiful Colorado.
A culture that support physicians
At SCL Physicians (SCLP), our compassionate caregivers define us. From our nurses to our technical and administrative staff to the talented physicians who make it their life's work to provide exceptional care to our patients.
As a nonprofit, community-based organization, you will discover the core values and dedication to you and our patients is a constant throughout our facilities. We are focused on patient care, patient satisfaction, employee safety and satisfaction and creating a culture of service excellence.
Joining SCL Health means you can:
- Choose from a network of hospitals, primary care physician clinics and specialty clinics.
- Get an opportunity to care for a diverse patient population.
- Be involved in innovative medicine.
Why SCL Physicians
SCL Physicians (SCLP) is a growing multi-specialty medical group with nearly 150 providers, 16 specialties and more than 40 outpatient site locations scattered throughout the Front Range (Denver/Boulder area) in Colorado. We believe in providing care to patients within the communities they live and work. Learn more about the SCLP outpatient clinic sites.
- In this changing landscape of healthcare and what is required of physicians, you will find a supportive culture that gives you all the tools needed to provide the best care possible to your patients.
- SCL Health also has four hospitals in the Denver/Boulder area. These hospitals are well known by patients in the communities they are located in to provide leading edge, high quality care. Good Samaritan Medical Center, Lutheran Medical Center and Saint Joseph hospital were all rated some of the best hospitals in the nation. Know that your patients will have the best care possible in the area.
- Good Samaritan Medical Center, Lafayette, CO – Good Samaritan Medical Center (GSMC) is the newest Level II Trauma Center in Boulder County and the only one in the county verified by the American College of Surgeons. GSMC has seen a 17.8% growth in trauma case volume. It scored high in patient safety, demonstrating commitment to reducing accidents and medical mistakes. GSMC has 183 beds. The hospital had 13,232 admissions in the latest year for which data are available. Its physicians performed 10,628 surgeries. Its emergency room had 41,079 visits.
- Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO – Saint Joseph Hospital (SJH) has been in the area for more than 140 years and recently opened a new facility; a 365-bed hospital specializing in heart and vascular care, cancer treatment, labor and delivery, respiratory health, orthopedics and emergency care. SJH has received several awards and honors making it one of the top-ranked hospitals in the Denver Metro Area. In fact, in 2014, 2015, and 2016, SJH was the recipient of a prestigious award for being one of the best hospitals in the nation 3-years in a row. SJH is also a teaching facility and offers family medicine, surgery, OB/GYN and internal medicine residency programs. Approximately 15,000 operative procedures are performed annually. Survey data for the latest year available shows that 51,934 patients visited the hospital's emergency room. SJH had a total of 18,514 admissions.
- Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO – Lutheran Medical Center (LMC) has been in the area since 1905. LMC is a general medical and surgical hospital in Wheat Ridge, CO, with 475 beds. Survey data for the latest year available shows that 73,030 patients visited the hospital's emergency room. LMC had a total of 17,728 admissions. Its physicians performed nearly 7,000 surgeries.
- Platte Valley Medical Center, Brighton, CO – Platte Valley Medical Center (PVMC) is the newest addition to SCL Health. PVMC is a 98-bed community hospital. As a member of the SCL Health, PVMC has been designated one of the world’s most patient-centered hospitals by Planetree, Inc. PVMC is also a nationally ranked top performing hospital and offers high-level services —including a Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and advanced cardiovascular program, a Level II Special Care Nursery, and innovative surgical, orthopedic and women’s services — found in many larger metropolitan hospitals.
Serving the Denver / Boulder Area
Denver, a large cosmopolitan city, has many diverse restaurants, shopping centers, nightclubs, museums and performing arts centers. Opportunities abound for life outside of work. The city attracts performers on a national level and hosts a variety of festivals and cultural events. Live outdoor performances at the Red Rocks Amphitheater are a must treat.
Denver is a professional sports lover's town as the city is home to the NFL's Denver Broncos, NBA's Denver Nuggets, MLB's Colorado Rockies and the NHL's Colorado Avalanche. Sports enthusiasts will also enjoy an abundance of college teams around the area including the University of Colorado and Denver University.
Outside of Denver, the beautiful city of Boulder, home to the University of Colorado and the famous Pearl Street Mall is just a short drive away. In addition, Colorado is home to some of the most majestic Rocky Mountains, which boast some of the best downhill and cross-country skiing and snowboarding in the nation. With more than 300 days of sunshine per year, you can enjoy biking, camping, fishing, boating, hiking, rock climbing and just about any other outdoor activity you might be interested in. Clearly, there is never a lack of things to do on a day off.