Help support your local community hospital.
Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another. - Erma Bombeck
Volunteers make our hospitals and communities a little brighter for everyone. If you can spare some time to help others, we have a place for you! Our hospitals welcome new volunteers and work to match each person’s talents and interests to the activities best suited to them.
Volunteer at Lutheran Hospice
There are many ways you can offer your time and talents to Lutheran Hospice. We are currently seeking volunteers for the following assignments:
- Be a friendly visitor by providing companionship or emotional support to patients in their own homes or nursing facilities. Visits may include reading, writing letters, preparing lunch or providing respite for caregivers.
- Provide support to patients and families and assist the professional staff on our Inpatient Unit at Collier Hospice Center.
- Work at the Collier Hospice Center greeter desk welcoming family members and visitors and providing information.
- Bereavement volunteers follow up with family members who have lost a loved one in our program by making phone calls and offering support.
- Administrative volunteers provide support to the hospice staff and offer other office related assistance.
For more information about volunteering please contact: