What We Do
As a safety net clinic, we provide primary health care, chronic disease management and medication assistance to very low-income uninsured residents of Leavenworth County at Saint Vincent Clinic and Wyandotte County at Duchesne Clinic.
For our patients, we are a doctor's office that also provides supporting services. Patients can come to Saint Vincent Clinic and Duchesne Clinic for:
Primary Health Care
- Diagnosis and treatment of common health concerns / Urgent care
- Care of minor injuries
- Laboratory and radiology services
- Chronic disease management, for the nearly 80% of our patients who have at least one chronic disease, like diabetes, heart disease or asthma.
- Preventive care services, including cervical exams, mammograms, sigmoidoscopy, pneumonia and flu vaccines, and patient education services on nutrition, smoking cessation, and diabetes management.
Chronic Disease Management
- Diagnosis and management of chronic conditions such as diabetes and hypertension
- Health and Nutrition education
- Diabetes education
- Smoking cessation program
- Access to medications and routine refills through pharmaceutical company programs
- Assistance (based on funding) to medications through vouchers to local pharmacies
- Subsidized vision care referrals.
- Subsidized dental care referrals.
- Other specialty care, based on donor/partner availability.
- Referrals to social service agencies, help with critical needs.