Emergency Medical Technician Program
The Emergency Medical Technician program prepares students for National Registry and Colorado State EMT certification through a 223-hour curriculum structured according to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National EMS Education Standards. In compliance with all regulations and requirements of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment/EMTS Division, course content includes didactic, hands-on and experiential clinical skills training in the classroom, emergency department and field ambulance settings.
- Hospital-based program with easy access to a 75,000-patient per year Emergency Department and quality clinical resources
- Human Cadaver Anatomy lab included
- Expert instructional resources including practicing Emergency Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses and experienced EMS field personnel
- Limited class size for optimal individualized instruction
April 18 : 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: LMC Basement EMS Classroom, Lutheran Medical Center
Date: July 31 – December 11, 2018
Days: Tuesday and Thursday
Time: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Location: EMS Office, Lutheran Medical Center
Cost: $1,300 (includes tuition, texts, simulation computer-based testing, clinical and cadaver lab fees)
Training Program Prerequisites:
- Proof of age (18 years): copy of birth certificate or driver's license
- HS diploma/GED or college degree/transcript
- Accuplacer Exam results (see attached) or copy of associate's degree
- Current CPR card (must be an American Heart Assoc. Healthcare Provider card or an American Red Cross Healthcare Provider/Professional card)
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccination series (first shot); if you completed the vaccination series greater than five years ago, obtain a blood titer from your primary care physician showing your current immunity status
- Proof of tetanus (TdaP), Chicken Pox, Measles/Mumps/Rubella, Tuberculosis (PPD) vaccine/test record, and a recent influenza vaccine
- Home PC/MAC with Internet connection; browser requirements: Internet Explorer 9 or 10, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Completed SCL Health EMT Program application along with a signed copy of the Functional Position Description (included with application materials)
- Full tuition payment ($1,300)
- Criminal background check through American Data Bank
For more information about the SCL Health EMT Training program please download the application or call the EMS office at 303-425-2086.