ACLS Provider Course 2019
St Vincent Healthcare
The American Heart Association's Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) course is based on simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active, hands-on participation through learning stations where students will practice essential skills individually, as part of a team, and as team leader.
Realistic simulations reinforce the following key concepts:
- proficiency in basic life support care
- recognizing and initiating early management of peri-arrest conditions
- managing cardiac arrest
- identifying and treating ischemic chest pain and acute coronary syndromes
- recognizing other life-threatening clinical situations (such as stroke) and providing initial care
- ACLS algorithms
- effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Obtain a copy of the ACLS Provider 2015 Edition Student Manual and an ECC Handbook from Guest Services at the West Entrance of the hospital.
- Obtain current BLS Certification through the AHA.
- To obtain a current BLS Certification, please follow the registration instructions for the BLS Return Demonstration on this site.
- For your pre-course self assessment please log on to www.heart.org/eccstudent and enter this code: acls15