Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
St Mary's Medical Center
Grand Junction, CO
This course, taught by qualified emergency nurses, is designed to provide the core-level pediatric knowledge and psychomotor skills needed to care for pediatric patients in the emergency setting.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest pediatric emergency nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- The newly released 5th Edition includes added content on dermatologic and environmental emergencies, human trafficking, food allergies and more!
- Course Format
A variety of learning methodologies are included to cater to every learning style, including:
- Online modules
- Live Simulation
- Patient experience videos
- Interactive lecture
- Electronic testing
Textbook: The 5th Edition provides fundamental pediatric emergency nursing content with expanded information including dermatologic and environmental emergencies, human trafficking, food allergies and more. A valuable resource for future reference!
Online modules: Online modules with links to additional information are provided prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn and receive immediate feedback, and refer back to information at any time. The modules are a complete case study process, taking you through an entire sequence of care.
Patient experience videos: Learn from pediatric patients and their caregivers about real-life scenarios
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skills stations: ENPC is one and a half days of interactive, in person classroom learning that includes hands-on skill stations, games and other interactive exercises
Electronic testing: NEW! Electronic, open-book testing allows you to test in an environment that makes you most comfortable. No more test anxiety!
At the conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate a systematic approach to the initial assessment of any pediatric patient
- Learn the care of a child with acute illness or injury through multi-platform learning with evidence-based provider manual, interactive pre-course case-scenario based online modules, and instructor-led classroom activities
- Learn and demonstrate from hands-on skill stations for trauma, respiratory emergencies, and procedures and sedation
- Gain the skills to care for the pediatric patients- and recognition that can advance your career