Please refer to the sections located near the bottom of this page for the Tobacco-Use and Working Spouse Surcharge FAQs and instructions on how to submit your surcharge status.
Questions to Ask
Choosing a medical plan option is one of the most important decisions for you and your family. When selecting a medical plan, you should ask yourself several questions and carefully consider each answer:
- Which medical plan is right for me? - Medical Plan Comparison Chart
- How much health care will you and your family need next year? - Tools to help you estimate your health care costs Cigna’s website (www.cigna.com) and Kaiser’s website (www.kp.org).
- What will it cost you? - Premium Rates or the Medical Premium Assistance Program
- How will you save for future health care costs? - Flexible Spending Accounts
- How will my medical coverage work with my prescription coverage? - Prescription Coverage
- How do I find a doctor or find out if my current doctor is in the SCL Health Network (Tier 1)? - Use the Provider Search tool located below.