Visit SCL Health's Coronavirus Information and Resources page for more information.
COVID-19 is spread through person-to-person contact and by coming into contact with infected surfaces. You can help protect yourself and limit the spread of disease with these tips:
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people
- Avoid eating or drinking out - use drive through, pick up or delivery
- Re-consider non-essential errands & travel, shopping trips and social visits
- Visit loved ones by electronic devices instead of in person
- Practice social distancing
- Allow 6 feet of space between you and other people
- Greet friends & colleagues with a wave instead of a handshake
- Commit to good hand hygiene
- Wash your hands often, and for 20 seconds or more or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Cover coughs/sneezes with a tissue or cough into your elbow
- Don’t share personal items such as food, drinks, towels or utensils
- Hang out at home - enjoy reading, connecting with family, etc.
Looking for more ways to practice mindfulness at home? Here are some additional ideas and resources!