Heart and Vascular Conditions
If you begin to experience heart problems, our team has the training and experience to care for you.
Our specialists diagnose and treat a range of heart and vascular conditions including:
Heart Valve Disease
Heart valve disease symptoms, such as shortness of breath and dizziness, can make everyday life difficult. Here you’ll find the heart doctors and treatments to help.
Common heart valve diseases we treat
Heart valve disease can restrict the heart’s ability to pump blood to the rest of the body and can lead to heart failure. Heart valve disease comes from two main problems:
- Regurgitation– When valves don’t close completely and cause blood to flow back through the valve. This can lead to volume overload in the heart.
- Stenosis– Narrowing of heart valves that limits blood flow out of the ventricles or atria.
Our heart valve treatments include:
- Valvuplasty– Using a catheter, a small balloon is placed inside a stiff heart valve to help open it and return normal blood flow.
- TAVR– Transcatheter aortic valve replacement places a mechanical valve in the place of a damaged aortic valve and typically involves shorter recovery times than traditional open heart surgery.
- TMVR– Transcatheter mitral valve replacement. Treatment for mitral valve regurgitation.