St. Mary's Emergency Services Outreach Classes
St Mary’s offers a variety of outreach classes for physicians, RNs, and EMS such as ATLS, TNCC, ENPC, and bi-monthly EMS lectures and webinars. We also offer other trauma education such as RTTDC that we will bring to your facility.
Call our Outreach Coordinator at 970-298-7683 for any questions
Please call 970-298-7683 to speak with the course coordinator if you have questions about the Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) and the Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC).
Please call 970-298-7683 if you have questions about the ATLS provider - initial, re-verification & auditor courses. If a class isn't listed it is not currently available.
- ACLS, PALS, BLS (CPR for health care), Arrhythmia Courses, 12 Lead, CPR/FA for the general public, BTLS/PHTLS, Instructor courses, Medication Administration Courses
- ACLS/BLS is currently offered via on-line courses to St. Mary’s Medical Center associates ONLY. Currently PALS is offered through Professional EMS Education(information noted below).
We have provided a list of local agencies that might be able to help you below. As many of these other courses are provided by private companies/individuals and colleges in Western Colorado:
- Community Hospital: please call (970) 256-6196 or visit their website at: http://www.yourcommunityhospital.com/Certification_Courses.cfm
- Professional EMS Education, please call (970) 254-8135 or visit their website at: www.professionalemseducation.com
- Regional EMS Training Group, please call (970) 257-9080 or 970-261-7946 (messages) or email at: email@example.com
- Delta Montrose Vo-Tech, please call (970) 874-6571 or visit their website at:
- American Red Cross (970) 242-4851
At this time, St Mary’s does not offer any primary EMT courses. EMT Basic, Intermediate, & Paramedic primary programs and refresher courses are provided by many colleges in Western Colorado. For your convenience here is a list:
- Colorado Mesa University - (970) 248-1721
- Delta Montrose Vo-Tech - (970) 874-6571
- Colorado Mountain College in Rifle, Carbondale, Edwards, Aspen & Steamboat Springs
- Colorado Northwestern Community College in Rangely (970) 675-2261
- Gunnison Hospital EMS Division (970) 641-7276
- Professional EMS Education (970) 254-8135
Injury Prevention Programs for Students
St. Mary's EMS Outreach works with local fire and health departments and traffic safety councils to design and present a variety of school programs, including bicycle and skateboard safety, seatbelt use, and driving and alcohol use, and gun safety.
Sadie the Safety-Saurus is the perfect tool to help kids understand the importance of safety and promoting injury prevention. Sadie can be programmed to be interactive with kids about any injury subjects, including but not limited to; seat belt, bicycle, helmet, playground, stranger and street safety, and gun safety.
For further information or to schedule "Sadie" please contact our Injury Prevention Coordinator at (970) 298-7683 or visit Sadie's website at www.kohlssafetysaurus.com.
For more information
Injury Prevention Coordinator
Trauma and EMS Coordinator