Thank you for your interest in the St. Mary's Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program.
Applicants must be graduates of approved US or Canadian medical schools. International Medical School Graduates please see additional requirements below.
Applications are only accepted via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
All applications must include:
- MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
- USMLE board scores for Step 1 and 2 or the COMLEX Level 1 and 2, (Passing Step 2, and COMLEX Level 2 CE, PE scores due by rank order list deadline)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation in addition to the MSPE. One letter of recommendation must be from a family physician who has supervised you clinically.
Application deadline is December 1.
At this time, all interviews will be conducted virtually and will last approximately 1.5 hours. We will offer both morning and afternoon interview options. Please note that we are on Mountain Time.
We will also invite interviewees to additional opportunities to better get to know our residents, faculty, and program during the interview season. More information will become available soon. Please check back.
Requirements for International Medical School Graduates
International medical school graduates may apply if they:
- Have graduated from medical school within the past three years
- Hold a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate with the CSA (Clinical Skills Assessment)
- Are able to be fully licensed* in Colorado at the beginning of the second year of residency. Please note that three years of approved postgraduate clinical training in the U.S. are required for International Medical Graduates to be eligible for licensure in the State of Colorado.
Applications are only accepted and reviewed via ERAS.
Visas are not sponsored. No ECFMG J1 or other visas accepted.
*Unrestricted Colorado Medical License (not a training license) and DEA License.
**The program is aware of the passage of bill HB22-1050 regarding pathways to licensure for graduates from schools outside of the USA. There are multiple process and operational changes that will need to be created before there is a clear path to Colorado licensure for International Medical Graduates. We do not anticipate any change in our process or requirements for the 2022-2023 match cycle.