Thank you for your interest in the St. Mary's Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program.
Applicants must be graduates of approved US or Canadian medical schools. International Medical School Graduates please see additional requirements below.
Applications are only accepted via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
All applications must include transcript, MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation), USMLE board scores for Step 1 and 2 or the COMLEX Level 1 and 2, (Passing Step 2, 2a and Level 2 CE, PE scores due by rank order list deadline, if required for graduation), personal statement, and three letters of recommendation in addition to the MSPE. One letter of recommendation must be from a family physician who has supervised you clinically.
- Application deadline is December 1.
- Interviews may be arranged Mondays and Tuesdays (and some Thursdays and Fridays in December).
- Interviews will begin mid-October and continue through December 31.
- Once your application has been reviewed and you have been invited to interview with us, please contact Melissa Shipp at (970) 298-2874 or email@example.com.
- Stay with a resident while you are visiting! Details on arranging to stay with a resident will be sent when scheduling an interview date.
- Visit with the residents at the weekly social night: Mondays at 6:30 p.m. In December: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Your spouse or significant other is welcome to be a part of your interview day or tour the Grand Valley. We will try to arrange for them to meet with a realtor or a current resident's spouse if notice is given. Please let us know when you call to set up your interview so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Learn more about a typical interview day.
Requirements for International Medical School Graduates
International medical school graduates may apply if they:
- Have graduated from medical school within the past three years
- Hold a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate with the CSA (Clinical Skills Assessment)
- Passed Step 1, 2(CS) and 2(CK) of the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) on the first attempt
- Are able to be fully licensed* in Colorado at the beginning of the second year of residency. Please note that three years of approved postgraduate clinical training in the U.S. are required for International Medical Graduates to be eligible for licensure in the State of Colorado.
Applications are only accepted and reviewed via ERAS.
Visas are not sponsored. No ECFMG J1 or other visas accepted.
*Unrestricted Colorado Medical License (not a training license) and DEA License.