We know the patient and families have the best insight into how well we're providing care. Your perspective helps us acheive higher goals for quality of care and patient experience.
Our patient and family advisory councils, or partnership councils, are forums where your voice is heard. We work to truly incorporate the your voice and your families voice in the way care is provided.
We created our Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC) years ago to serve our Saint Joseph Hospital community. Patients, family members, community members and hospital staff make up our PFAC. Our goal was sharing ideas, suggestions and recommendations for improving our patient's experience.
Collaboration between patients, family members and the health care team helps to achieve superior service.
We strive for outstanding patient experiences while delivering the highest standard of safe, comprehensive and compassionate care.
Joining the Patient Family Advisory Council
We are seeking individuals who represent a cross-section of our community. We need those who have chosen Saint Joseph Hospital for their healthcare needs. This can be as a patient in the hospital, as an outpatient using the services within the hospital, or both. Family members are equally welcome as they offer another important perspective. Interested community members can provide valuable feedback and we encourage your participation.
Contact the Resource Service Center at Saint Joseph Hospital at 303-812-3456 with questions. Please mention the Patient Family Advisory Council to the operator.
Benefits of Serving on the Patient Family Advisory Council
PFAC members find that their service provide many benefits, such as:
- Helping others. By sharing your ideas and experiences, we are able to improve the way we communicate and deliver care.
- Influencing our strategic direction. Your opinion matters. You can help shape our services and policies. Share your input around website content or patient communication. It matters and we're listening!
- Learn more about programs that benefit you or your family members. Or you can help other families find and use helpful services and programs.
- Making a difference. This is your opportunity to create positive change in people's lives. Share your thoughts and your experiences. These help us make better, and more informed, decisions for our future.
- Serving on the counsel can broaden your network and contacts.
The Council meets once a month for approximately two hours in the evening. We may need extra work between meetings, but this is not usually the case. We ask Advisory Council members to make a one to two-year commitment and to attend at least 75% of the meetings. This is a great opportunity to make an investment in your family, your community and in yourself.
Application and Next Steps
If you are interested in becoming a member, complete our Patient Family Advisory Group Application and return it to Saint Joseph Hospital, Attention: Service Excellence Department. We will review applications and select candidates to come in for an interview. We welcome your interest and look forward to the good work of this council.