Wound Care Therapy
If your wound hasn’t healed after 30 days, it’s time to seek treatment.
Chronic wound treatment options
- Dressing Changes - There are various dressings specific for each type of wound. Your therapist will select the appropriate type of dressing to promote optimal wound healing.
- Sharp Debridement - We remove dead tissue from wounds to help them heal.
- Silver Nitrate Cauterization - Cauterization may be required to promote healthy wound healing.
- Electrical stimulation – The body uses electrical signals to trigger all its actions, including healing. This treatment uses an electrical current to make stalled cells around a wound start healing again.
- Infrared therapy – PAnodyne® Therapy System is used to increase circulation and relieve pain.
- Negative pressure wound therapy – Also called wound vac, we use vacuum suction to draw fluid from the wound through a special dressing connected to a pump.