Mission Statement and Program Aims
To train and educate competent and compassionate resident physicians in the core skills and knowledge of Internal Medicine so that they can improve the health and well-being of the people and communities they serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
- We will work to recruit outstanding residents into our internal medicine training program while working to retain faculty and developing their skills.
- We will train residents to provide compassionate, holistic, high value care to all populations, including the poor and vulnerable.
- We will train, prepare, and provide residents with high quality mentorship to achieve their career goals whether it be in hospital medicine, ambulatory care, or other subspecialties.
- We will provide residents, faculty, and medical students with robust opportunities for scholarly and educational activities, including research and quality improvement.
- We will promote heath & wellness and provide a collegial, nurturing, and culturally sensitive environment for learning and growth.
- We will prepare all graduates to pass the ABIM certification exam on their first attempt.