A large part of what makes the Saint Joseph Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program so outstanding is the residents themselves. Our residents have a positive attitude, work well as a team, and support each other both in and out of the hospital.
We are proud of our commitment to resident and faculty wellness. We value our residents as people
Regular resident support groups and want them to maintain their humanity throughout their residency training and to develop healthy work habits and coping skills that will last throughout their professional lives. To this end, we have a robust wellness program that includes:
- Resident buddy program and switch nights
- Resident leadership training
- Finding Meaning in Medicine meetings
- Annual team building retreat
- Behavioral science faculty available to residents
- Free on-site gym membership (open 24 hours)
- Concierge services
- Free lab coat cleaning
- Drop off dry cleaning
- Valet service for vehicle maintenance (oil changes, etc.)
- Summer/Fall resident kick-ball league
- Weekly yoga classes
- Physician financial wellness education
After your residency
Graduates from the program have a multitude of options following their training experience here at Saint Joseph Hospital. Residents frequently stay in the Denver area, but also relocate around the state of Colorado and across the United States. Faculty advises residents through our mentoring program to choose and succeed in a practice that fits them personally. Additionally, Saint Joseph Hospital has an active program to assist residents in establishing primary care practices.
Find out what our alumni are doing now.