Search now to see if we are currently offering a class or event you want to attend!
We offer a wealth of resources online, along with events, classes and experts to help you along every step of your hospice journey, whether you are in hospice, you are a family member or you are a caregiver.
Coping after a loss is hard and can seem overwhelming. We’re here to help. We provide an array of grief support services created to meet the needs of those who have lost a loved one. Our services are open to any bereaved person in the community.
Not all locations have all classes, events or support group offerings. For a full list of classes and events, including dates and any costs, please use our Classes Calendar to search for a support group at a location near you.
We also provide a time-limited individual grief support. This offering is suitable for those who need more in-depth support and attention than is available through our groups. This counseling offering is limited to issues of grief.
Taking care of yourself as a family member or caregivers
When you are a caregiver, we know you put aside your own needs to share your gift of love. You are the support for those approaching their end of life. But remember, you need care, too. Remember to:
- Take care of yourself.
- Eat well. Avoid fast foods, and drink plenty of water.
- Take time for yourself and pamper yourself. Treat yourself to something special at least once a week.
- Know who will listen to you.
- Exercise regularly.
- Enlist the help of other family members or friends in sharing the care giving responsibilities.
- Ask for and accept the help you need. Remember, others don't automatically know how they can help.
- Get enough sleep.
- Be open to suggestions and new ideas.
- Evaluate your emotional state, and get help for depression.
- Be willing to say "No" to others' needs.
- Take advantage of the services offered to you through Hospice.
- Keep in mind that you will never become super-human.
Support for children
We know children have a different way of grieving and need special attention. We offer support services to schools, including teacher in-service programs and educational presentations about children and grief. In addition, our seven-week support group can be tailored to meet the needs of a class or group impacted by a death loss. Please speak with one of our caregivers for more information.
Learn more by reading our Hospice Myths or become comfortable with the words used in hospice care by downloading our Hospice Glossary.