It’s important to seek help when you have neck or spine pain.
Back and neck pain are common problems, affecting 80 percent of people at some point. If you’re one of them, you don’t have to live with constant pain.
In most cases, back pain doesn’t require surgery, but left untreated, it will often get worse. Get ahead of the problem with help from our experts. We offer a wide range of therapies and treatments to relieve your pain and restore your quality of life.
Common causes of back and neck pain
In order to understand what’s causing your pain, it’s important that you and your doctor determine which of the two types of back pain you have:
- Acute pain occurs suddenly and can be healed within days or weeks with the proper treatment. The source of your pain is usually your muscles, but may also involve joints or discs.
- Chronic pain persists for more than three months. You may be feeling pain all the time, or it may get worse during certain activities. The source of this pain is often difficult to pinpoint.
No matter which type of back or neck pain you’re experiencing, it’s important to get the proper treatment right away. It takes more than bed rest and ice to successfully address your pain, and we’re here to help.
Back and neck pain can be caused by many factors, including:
- Bulging discs (the “springs” between each vertebra)
- Deconditioning Osteoarthritis
- Excess weight
- Improper lifting of heavy items
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Nerve compression
- Poor posture
- Sports injuries
Often, several of these conditions can co-exist.
Common spine conditions we treat
Whether your pain is acute or chronic, we’re committed to developing a treatment plan that focuses on getting you back to doing what you love by using non-invasive treatments whenever possible.
Read more about some of the spine conditions we treat below. If you’re experiencing back pain that’s keeping you from enjoying your life, schedule an assessment with one of our physicians today and learn about your non-invasive treatment options.