Our Wound Care Team
We work together with teams from many medical specialties to provide care that encompasses all of your health needs. Your care team may include some of these specialists:
- Dietitian – This certified diet and nutrition expert will make sure you’re getting the nutrients you need to heal. Learn more about nutrition.
- Occupational therapist – If your wound interferes with performing daily activities, an occupational therapist can help you regain these abilities and adapt your environment accordingly. Learn more about occupational therapy
- Physical therapist – Wounds can make it harder to stay active due to pain or tissue damage. A physical therapist can help you regain mobility. Learn more about physical therapy.
- Primary care doctor – Your primary care doctor will help coordinate care and make sure your general health needs are addressed.
- Wound care specialty nurse – These certified nurses specialize in treating wounds.
We take a team approach to heal the whole person, not just the wound for which they’re being treated. We work together to ensure your medications are effective, help prevent complications and check up on your physical, mental and emotional well-being.