Join us for the wonderful event for women in our community that have been affected by breast cancer.
Women newly diagnosed, those with MBC, and long-term survivors can celebrate and learn how to continue their journey without fear.
Saturday, April 6, 2019 | 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
Hosted by the SCL Health Foundations and Cancer Centers of Colorado at Good Samaritan, Lutheran, Platte Valley and Saint Joseph
Event is free for Survivors and guest is $20. (Due to the popularity of this event, we are asking that Survivors bring only one guest so that space is available for all breast cancer survivors that want to share in this special day!)
- Check-in 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Event will include “High Tea” with light luncheon. (We will have options available for those with a food allergy such as gluten, shellfish, strawberries, etc.)
- Casual dress. Pink hats are welcome, but not required.
If you have any questions, please contact Lutheran’s Oncology Support Services at 303-403-3608.
Keynote speaker information:
Albus Brooks, Denver City Councilman
Community service and leadership have long been a part of Albus Brooks’ identity. He moved to Colorado in 1997 to study at CU Boulder and play football for the Buffs.
Councilman Brooks passion is to provide positive futures and chances for Denver’s young people in urban neighborhoods. This passion and positivity for his community became an important part of how he coped with a devastating cancer diagnosis in 2016. In April 2017, the same week he was a guest speaker at CancerCon, a conference uniting young adult patients, survivors, caregivers and advocates, he shared news of a recurrence. In his own words, “My story is not defined by cancer, yet cancer has shown me the powerful beauty of human capacity.” Councilman Brooks will share with us his story of strength, perseverance and survival.
- Panel of breast cancer survivors, from various phases of survivorship, will share their experiences and insight.
- Professional Panel of providers from all aspects of cancer treatment.
- Pink Ribbon Resource Fair providing information on how to be an empowered survivor.
- Pink Ribbon Marketplace with special vendors that support the breast cancer survivorship community.
Western Paper Distributors
Cornerstone Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, PC