Your body is amazing. After birth, your body provides all the nourishment your baby needs for the first few months of life.
Breastfeeding can be difficult—especially at first. If you run into challenges, our lactation experts are ready to help.
Breastfeeding can give your baby a healthy start
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that all babies exclusively breastfeed for six months and continue for at least one year.
The benefits of breastfeeding include:
- Children with fewer and less serious illnesses, such as SIDS, childhood cancers and diabetes
- Lower risk for breast and ovarian cancer, anemia and osteoporosis for mom
- Saving money on formula and healthcare costs
- Infants who are less likely to be obese as adolescents and adults
- Better community health due to increased immunity and decreased incidence of disease
Get lactation support when you need it
No matter if you’re a new or experienced mom, our lactation specialists are there for you during your hospital stay and after you and your baby go home. They can help you with latch-on difficulties, milk supply, newborn weight gain, returning to work and any other breastfeeding questions you may have.