Your skin is the largest organ in your body. It’s also the most exposed, which makes it vulnerable to rashes, burns, injuries, infections and other disorders. We offer a full range of skin care services, from preventive screenings to the latest treatments.
Common skin conditions
Your skin may seem simple on its surface. But like internal organs, the skin can have complex conditions that require advanced treatment. Whether you’re born with a skin condition or you’re coping with damage from the sun or environment, we can help.
We see and treat a variety of skin conditions, including:
- Dermatitis and other rashes
- Skin cancer
Did you know skin cancer affects more people worldwide than any other form of cancer? Although skin cancer is more common in fair-skinned people, anyone can develop it.
The main cause of skin cancer is ultraviolet radiation, especially from spending too much time in the sun. If you suspect you may have skin cancer or are at risk for developing it, consult with a dermatologist.
Learn about skin cancer.
ABCDEs of melanoma
Diagnosing melanoma starts with checking out a mole or other mark on your skin. These rules can help you tell if a mole should be checked by your doctor:
- Asymmetry - The mole isn’t the same on both sides
- Border irregularity - The mole’s edges are uneven
- Color - The mole has different colors in it
- Diameter - The mole is bigger than 6 millimeters, or just under a quarter-inch, across
- Evolving - The mole changes in size, shape, color or other characteristics