Hom Nursing Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in the Millie & Ken Hom Nursing Scholarship Program. Ken was looking for a special way to honor his late wife, Millie, a true pioneer for nursing in eastern Montana. In 2005, he established a permanent endowment with the Holy Rosary Healthcare Foundation to provide opportunities for nursing students while also investing in the future of healthcare for our region. Scholarships, in the name of the Homs, are awarded annually to nursing students with eastern Montana ties. In 2020, a minimum of $10,000 in scholarships will be awarded to nursing students.
The Millie & Ken Hom Nursing Scholarship Program criteria includes:
- Student has spent at least 12 months of his/her life in eastern Montana.
- Student is enrolled or has been accepted into an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree program related to nursing.
- Student is pursuing a nursing degree and scholarship funds are requested to assist with next year of nursing degree education.
- Student has achieved at least a 2.75 GPA in their recent year of college or high school transcript.
- Student has demonstrated financial need.
- Additional consideration will be given to individuals who currently work at Holy Rosary Healthcare. However, this is not a prerequisite for application for the scholarship.
- June 30
Applications Due (or Postmarked By)
- July 6 - 17
Application Review & Finalists Identified
- July 27 - August 7
Finalists Interview With Selection Committee
(may be done in person or remotely)
- August 10
Scholarship recipient(s) notified
- August 12
All scholarship applicants notified
- August 15
Scholarship funds disbursed to school/college