Find A Doctor FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions about the SCL Health Find A Doctor Tool
FAQ 1 - What physicians are included in the SCL Health "Find a Doctor" database?
All physicians who are on the medical staff of an SCL Health hospital are invited to be included in the Find a Doctor database. Those who accept this invitation are included in the database. Note that if you access the Find a Doctor search fields from an SCL hospital webpage -- as opposed to the main SCL Health webpage -- only those physicians who are on the medical staff of that particular hospital will be included in the search database.
FAQ 2 - Are some of the physicians employed by SCL Health?
Yes. Physicians who are included in the Find a Doctor database fall into two categories. Some of the physicians, who we refer to as "employed physicians," are employed by an SCL Health medical group or hospital. The other physicians, who we refer to as "non-employed physicians," are not employed by SCL Health (but are on the medical staff of one or more SCL Health hospitals and have opted into the Find a Doctor database).
FAQ 3 - Do physicians appear in any particular order in the search results?
Yes, here are the general rules:
- "I want to see a…" If you only complete the "I want to see a…" field, the search results will appear in alphabetical order. For example, if you select "Pediatrician" in this field, you will get a list of pediatricians listed in alphabetical order.
- "Located Near." If you complete the (1) "I want to see a…" and (2) "Located Near" fields, you will get the same number of physicians as above, but the order in which they appear will be based on the distance of their offices from the selected zip code. For example, if you select Pediatricians and Zip Code 80218, you will get a list of pediatricians, with those pediatricians having offices closest to Zip Code 80218 appearing first.
- "Within." Finally, if you complete the (1) "I want to see a…," (2) "Located Near," and (3) "Within" fields, you will get a smaller subset of physicians, again ordered by distance. For example, if you select Pediatricians, Zip Code 80218, and within 10 miles, you will get only those pediatricians having offices within 10 miles of Zip Code 80218 (with those having offices closest to 80218 appearing first).
FAQ 4 - What are the "SCL Health Employed," "Online Scheduling," "Uses MyChart," and "Accepting New Patients" buttons?
By selecting one or more of these options, you can further refine your search results.
- SCL Health Employed. This will limit your search results to those physicians who are employed by SCL Health. (For more information, see FAQ 1 above.)
- Online Scheduling. This will limit your search results to those physicians who are employed by SCL Health and offer online scheduling. (Please note that some physicians who are not employed by SCL Health may offer online scheduling through their own practice websites.)
- Uses MyChart. This will limit your search results to those physicians who are employed by SCL Health and use SCL Health's MyChart Patient Portal. Learn more about MyChart. (Please note that some physicians who are not employed by SCL Health may offer their own web-based patient portals.)
- Accepting New Patients. All physicians who are included in the Find a Doctor database (employed and non-employed) have the option of indicating whether they are currently accepting new patients. By selecting this option, the results will only include physicians who are accepting new patients.