· When registering for class, you only have to register ONE parent. We will consider each registration to be both parents in attendance.
· You will receive an email with instructions to join the class online through Google Meets, you do not need an app to join.
· Saturday Lamaze Class - This class is perfect for women and their support person to attend (please still attend if you do not have anyone to attend with you). We cover all the topics a new mom should know before birth. Returning moms are welcome to attend this class if they would like a refresher of what to expect.
· Class size is limited so please email me to cancel if you are unable to attend. We currently have a waiting list to attend this class.
When should I take this class?
You are welcome to attend Lamaze at any time during your pregnancy, but it may be best to come somewhere between the end of the second trimester to the beginning of the third trimester.
What should I have available at home for class?
· You and your support person should wear comfortable clothing.
· Two pillows and one blanket or yoga mat.
· A chair without arms like a kitchen chair.
· A yoga ball if you own one.
· A computer, tablet or smartphone to join the class virtually.
What should I expect from the class?
· Our class covers a large amount of information and, as you will learn in our time together, that knowledge is very empowering.
· The class will also provide a virtual tour of our Labor and Delivery and Mother Newborn units.
· Please note that if you are attending the "Getting Ready for Baby" series, you will find that some information will be repeated. You are welcome to attend both classes.
Helpful Google Meets tips:
· Sometimes the sound in Google Meets is not very good or there is feedback. If you find this turn the sound off on your device and use your phone to call in, but still watch the video on your computer.
· Mute yourself, but turn your microphone on to ask questions. I really want to encourage you to ask questions. Please interrupt me if you have a question or type your question in the side bar. Interaction is why we want to have the class be "live" and not just a recording. Feel free to move around your house, better yet go sit outside for a bit.
Tour of Labor and Delivery:
We have a recorded tour of Labor and Delivery. You can find this on the Midwifery and Women's Center Facebook page. This is a closed group, we will approve your request to join as quickly as possible.