Gestational Age Assessment 2020
St. Vincent Healthcare
At the completion of this module, you will be able to:
• Use appropriate techniques for prenatal assessment.
• Identify patients’ learning needs during each trimester of pregnancy.
• Use nonpharmacological methods for pain management during labor.
• Use Apgar scoring to document newborns’ transition to extrauterine life.
• Identify physical-assessment findings based on gestational age.
• Distinguish between expected and unexpected findings in newborns.
• Demonstrate appropriate techniques for providing and teaching normal newborn care.
• Outline the appropriate techniques for meeting newborns’ nutritional needs.
• Plan nursing interventions for performing and teaching postpartum care.