Mindfulness Based Childbirth and Parenting
Saint Joseph Hospital
Following the COVID-19 restrictions, Saint Joseph Hospital has canceled all of our classes and tours until further notice.
During the MBCP class series you will learn to:
- Access deep physical & mental relaxation
- Engage the mind to work with painful sensations during labor
- Increase confidence & courage for the experience of labor and birth – including Childbirth education on labor and birth, breastfeeding, postpartum care & early parenting
- Practice mindful movement for strength and flexibility
- Develop skills for managing stress in pregnancy, parenting, and daily life
- Enhance communication skills with your partner and/or support team
Participation in the class:
- The full MBCP series is held over 9 weeks. We meet weekly with a separate all day of practice embedded into the series to help us deepen our mindfulness practice.
- Tuesday, March 31 4:30pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, April 7 4:30pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, April 14 4:30pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, April 21 4:30pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, April 28 4:30pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, May 5 4:30pm – 7pm
- Saturday, May 9 9am – 3pm
- Tuesday, May 12 4:30pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, May 19 4:30pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, May 26 4:30pm – 7pm
- The setting is relaxed and we will have mindful movement and some time spent on the floor so dress in comfortable clothing.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a water bottle and a snack.
- Each participant will be given the book Mindful Birthing upon registration