2022 NCC Certification Prep Course
Saint Joseph Hospital
This two-day educational event will provide an opportunity for nurses to review for the NCC Certification.
Day one: General Review Session
- Test Taking Strategies
- Antenatal Care, Screening
- Normal Newborn
Day two: Specialty Breakout Sessions
- L&D: Fetal Assessment, Complications, Intrapartum Review
- Mother/Newborn: Maternal Care, Newborn Complications
- NICU: Pathophysiology, Systems Review
- List 2 strategies for successful test taking
- Discuss common antepartum risk factors, symptoms and management
- Describe the physiology of human lactation and name two influential hormones
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal newborn findings
- Identify pertinent assessments for the obstetric/newborn patient population
- Describe interventions and general management strategies for inpatient obstetric and newborn care
- Discuss the pathophysiology of common obstetric and neonatal conditions.
Please note: This review course DOES NOT include the exam.