Parenting: Silver Edition (For Expectant Grandparents)
Lutheran Medical Center
Wheat Ridge, CO
Due to precautions we have taken in response to COVID-19, class sizes are limited. If you are unable to register for a class, please reach out to our office for additional resources available to you.
Are you expecting a new grandchild? Congratulations! Becoming a grandparent is an exciting transition, but you are probably aware that the world of parenting has changed a lot since you became a parent. This class will help prepare you, your vehicle and your home for a new grandbaby!
- Make sure your grandchild's car seat is installed correctly with the help of our certified safety seat technician
- Learn the fundamentals of infant CPR, what to do if a baby is choking, and basic First Aid
- Recognize common causes of injury to children and identify ways to make the home safer for your grandbaby
- Identify ways to soothe a crying baby, and ways to support breastfeeding moms and babies
Class fee is $30 per person. Please register each attendee individually.
In an effort to be more environmentally conscious, all handouts for this class are available electronically and will be sent to you via email following your class along with a link for a brief survey about your class. If you would like to receive these handouts prior to your class, please email us a firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to send them to you.
The health and well-being of our families is our top priority. We are taking the following precautions to help protect you and our instructors in light of the current COVID-19 pandemic:
- Classes are limited to 14 individuals.
- Face masks will be required of all participants and instructors. Please plan to bring your own face mask.
- All visitors are screened for illness and fever at the main entrance, and given a wristband (color changes daily).
- Our classrooms are sanitized regularly.
- Tables and chairs are spaced appropriately to allow for social distancing.
- All equipment used in our classes is sanitized after each use.