It is important that you carefully review the enrollment resources and instructions available here to make informed benefits decisions and to learn how to navigate the enrollment process successfully.
If you are a Platte Valley Medical Center associate and benefits-eligible, you can enroll in or make changes to your existing 2017 plan year benefits during the following enrollment periods using the instructions listed below.
- Within 30 days of your initial eligibility day (date of hire or date you become newly benefits-eligible)
- Within 30 days of a qualifying life event. Outside of an enrollment period, you can enroll or make changes to your coverage only if you are experiencing a qualifying work or family status change event such as a birth, marriage, divorce, becoming newly benefits eligible, or a gain or loss of independent coverage.
- During the Annual Open Enrollment Period. This typically occurs in the Fall and allows you to enroll or make changes to your benefits for the following plan year.
Coverage will begin for you and any covered eligible dependents on the first day of the month after your date of hire or qualifying life event.
If you do not enroll in benefits during your enrollment period:
- You will be defaulted into the Basic Life Insurance and AD&D benefits provided by SCL Health.
- You will be defaulted into the Basic Long-Term Disability (LTD) benefit provided by SCL Health (if you are a full time associate).
- You’ll miss out on tax savings because you won’t be enrolled in the Health Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
How to Enroll in or Make Benefits Changes
You must submit a completed Enrollment Form to the HR Service Center during your enrollment period to enroll in or make changes to your benefits. Forms may be submitted using the following methods: