You could save up to 75% on medical premiums!
Tobacco products are defined as tobacco or tobacco-like products intended for human consumption, and when used orally or inhaled, produce smoke or smoke-like vapor. This includes but is not limited to: cigarettes, cigars, loose tobacco smoked via pipe or hookah, chewing tobacco, snuff, dip, electronic cigarettes and vaporizers.
If enrolled in a SCL Health medical plan and a tobacco product user the following applies:
- One adult covered on the medical plan who currently uses or has used tobacco products within the last six months, you will be charged $50 per month.
- Two or more adults covered on the medical plan who currently use or have used tobacco products within the last six months, you will be charged $100 per month.
The surcharge will not apply if each covered adult tobacco-user satisfies one of the following:
- He or she completes the SCL Health QuitLine Program or an onsite SCL Health tobacco cessation program within the six-month period ending on the date you submit your tobacco-use status; or
- His or her personal physician attests that it is medically inadvisable for their patient to attempt to cease tobacco use. Contact the HR Service Center for a copy of the Physician Affidavit.
- If you are enrolled in or plan to enroll in a medical plan, you must certify if the surcharge applies to you by submitting your tobacco-use status through your enrollment process in Lawson.
- If the tobacco-use status of any adult covered member of your medical plan changes mid-year, you must re-submit your tobacco surcharge status so the surcharge can be adjusted as necessary. To re-attest your tobacco surcharge status complete the below Affidavit form and submit to the HR Service Center.