Learn more about SCL Health's Nutrition and Weight Loss and Bariatrics services.
- 1 ripe medium beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 ripe peaches pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 3 Kirby cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 1/3 cups)
- Kernels from 1 ears corn (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fine dice red bell pepper
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Cut tomato in a crown.
- Scoop out the seeds and ribs, and coarsely chop.
- Stir together chopped tomatoes, peaches, cucumbers, corn, oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, salt, and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust for acidity, adding up to 1 tablespoon more lime juice.
- Stir in basil.
- Season inside of tomato shells with salt and pepper.
- Fill tomatoes with tomato mixture, and garnish with basil sprigs.
- Serve immediately.